23rd June 2013
Business Advisers - Tendering and Procurement
Organisation: Camden Enterprise Limited trading as Centa Business Services
Location: Euston Road, Kings Cross, London, NW1
Salary: £29,000 - £32,000 pa (pro rata) subject to experience
Contract: Fixed Term contract to 31st March 2015. Full or Part time option considered
Date posted: 25th June 2013
Closing date: 12th July 2013
(Please Note: we do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful)
Centa Business Services is one of London’s leading enterprise support organisations with 30 years experience of providing hands-on support and impartial advice to a range of businesses from start-ups through to market-leaders. We are seeking a Business Adviser specialising in Tendering and Procurement support to assist with the delivery of a new ERDF project that is funded to March 2015. The role is primarily to support businesses to increase their competitiveness by offering appropriate tendering advice and access procurement opportunities.
The post holder’s key duties will include:
- Conduct a Business Health Check / Diagnostic and Business Improvement Plan / Action Plan to assess businesses' needs and identify improvement strategies in tendering to access procurement opportunities.
- Delivery of a series of 1-2-many workshops to businesses’ on tender and procurement themes
- Lead on identifying and referring businesses to events with procurement opportunities including Meet-The-Buyer events.
- Focus on identifying and supporting businesses tendering for contracts
- Identify, recruit and manage referral relationships with Buyers.
- Build the capacity of businesses with respect to PQQ, ITT and other tendering stages and procurement processes.
It is desirable that the successful applicant has a working knowledge of ERDF projects and understands the nature of ERDF or similar EU output targets.
The successful candidate will also possess a good knowledge of London procurement opportunities, the commercial tendering environment, local development and regeneration programmes and also have some experience of providing tendering advice and guidance and working as part of a small team in a target driven environment
Enthusiasm is a must, as are strong people skills, the ability to adapt to changing business needs and, above all, a focus on delivery coupled with an ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds is essential.
To apply please complete an application form available from and forward to Matt Garner at .
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 12th July 2013
Interview Dates: week beginning 22nd July 2013
Centa Business Services is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.